Sunday, September 21, 2008

OK, so we finally harvested the garden. I knew we would get cabbage, some lettuce, maybe a raddish...but to my surprise, we also had peas! And they were pretty tasty, too! I thought I would show you the pictures. Just remember that these girls are as tall or taller than me! It was a lot of fun, and they're already talking about next year's garden. I'm glad they're excited! If we only had a couple more weeks, I'm SURE that we could have had zucchini and cucumbers, too! Oh, well! hopefully next year... Our nurse at work quit, so there's just 2 of us. Now I'm working a lot of overtime, and feeling exhausted almost all the time! We had our ward talent show 2 nights ago, and I decided to sing "Simple Joys of Maidenhood" from the musical "Camelot". Well, it was a last minute decision...I decided after I got there, and I couldn't remember all the words. So I called my sister to have her look them up on the internet. So after I got them, I told the person in charge that I would sing something. To say that I "sang" it is a stretch. It was AWEFUL! But, I got one of the loudest cheers all night. Of course, it was probably because it was over. But it was A LOT of fun!!! I'm glad I did it. But there is DEFINITELY a reason why I don't sing solos!!!! The leaves are changing even more, and they are falling everywhere. We also have snow in the mountains. I'll get pictures, but not until the clouds are no longer covering the mountains. I hope everyone is doing well, and that they are enjoying their weather...wherever they may be!

1 comment:

Meg said...

You could always try planting a few things inside a few weeks early. We did that last year and it worked pretty good for cucumbers, broccoli, and tomatoes. Of course, our problem is not so much a short growing season as no place for a garden that gets good sun.

FYI, my blog is mooresmusings.blogspot.com, check it out sometime.