Thursday, July 17, 2008

Since I posted last, I have watched my friend's neighbor chase a moose down the street with a rake (now THAT'S entertainment!), I've discovered that birds are eating my strawberries (BLAST!), and now I'm getting ready for Girls' camp. I actually have to work this week, and Girl's camp started 2 days ago. But I get to go up tomorrow and spend the last night. I'm really excited to go up, not to be at Girl's camp, but because I get to stop at Miller's Market and get the biggest ice cream cone I've ever seen. Seriously...it is HUGE! I'll have to get a picture of it. I'm taking someone up with me, so this shouldn't be a problem. Anyway, I get this ice cream once a year, and tomorrow is the day. YEAH!!! More to come on that... I talked to my friend who is already up there as a stake leader. She has a cold, the stake YW President has a cold, and a couple girls have already almost drowned in the leach-infested lake (yeah...I'm not a lake swimmer). It's raining and cold. BUT, it sounds like everyone is having a blast. I'm a fair weather camper, myself, so I'm not really looking forward to the cold and wet. But it's just for 1 night, right? I can do it! It's at a church-owned camp called LaDaSa. Cute, huh? They have cabins, a lodge, an amphitheater, a lake, and railroad tracks running right through the middle. So, the train runs through camp a couple times a day. Sometimes it's a train full of tourists, other times it's cargo. It separates the lake from the rest of the camp. Overall, though, it really is a nice place, and it's always fun to be there. It is used a lot and has been the victim of vandals more than once. So there are MANY service projects there to clean it up and repair some of the damage from vandals and over-use. I'll post pictures so you can see what I'm talking about. Well, I hope everyone has a great weekend, and I will write again sooner than later. I have to keep you posted about camp, right?

2 comments:

Sierra said...

The biggest ice cream cone I have ever seen has been at Casper's in Lewiston, I wonder how they will compare. No talking about ice cream either, it is 90 degrees everyday and what I wouldn't do for one of those shakes that you had when you were here. Hope camp treats you well, it has been a couple years for ya.

MnM McQuivey's said...

Thanks for sharing your blog with me, now I can see how you're doing and read about your fun adventures. Can't wait to hear how the ice cream was and see a picture of you enjoying it!! Hope you had fun at girls camp!