Thursday, July 3, 2008

So first of all, I must say that yesterday got up into the 70's. It was GORGEOUS all day long, and I kept looking at the mountains, longing to be in them. However, I couldn't go because I was watching Lilli and Brenna. Lilli would have been OK, but I couldn't figure out what to do with Brenna. So we went on a nice, long walk instead. I could still feel the heat from the sun at 9:00 last night. It was awesome. Then...the clouds rolled in. Cloudy all day and raining. Of course, it will be this way tomorrow, too. Great way to spend the 4th of July!!! Now that the weather report is done, I have to tell you about the excitement tonight. I was going to dinner with a couple of friends, and as we turned the corner from my house, we counted 8 cop cars. So I called my friend who lives in the house that they were parked around and asked her what was going on that she would have 8 cop cars at her house. She didn't know because they were walking down the street just to the north of mine. So we drove down there and saw some cops crouching behind cars and pointing their guns at a house. So, I called my friend again and told her NOT to walk down the street. We drove back up the street (it's a dead end, so we had to turn around to get out), and parked in her driveway. One of the cops was walking back to his car, so I said something along the lines of "I was going to ask how's it going, but with 8 cop cars it can't be good." So he told me what happened. Someone saw a man crawl through a window and called the police because they thought it was a robbery in progress. As it turns out, it was the owner of the house who locked himself out. I said "Well, that's a good ending to the situation then!" And we laughed. Anyway, it was pretty cool!!! That's the excitement for today! More to come tomorrow. I'm going on a hike with a couple of friends. It should be fun, especially if we DON'T come across the female bear that keep charging people and mauled a teenager earlier this week. We won't be hiking in the area that the bear has attacked, but bears do travel! Wish me luck!!!

No comments: